Candidates preparing for NEET Exam 2022 should be aware of the NEET Exam Pattern which can help them to prepare better for the examination. Here we are providing very useful information for NEET-UG aspirants i.e. NEET 2022 examination pattern including the new changes in NEET paper pattern, key points and subject-wise marks distribution.
Changes in NEET Exam Pattern 2022
NEET 2022 paper will have choices in answering questions which means the total number of questions will be more than 180 but a student will have to answer 180 questions only.
The Test pattern of NEET-UG 2022 comprises of two Sections. Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
- NEET 2022 examination will be conducted by NTA in Pen-Paper Mode.
- The NEET 2022 examination will have one paper of 3 hour duration. The NEET question paper will consist of three separate sections - Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of NEET 2022 : NEET Syllabus
- NEET question paper will have a total of 200 MCQs. 50 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 100 questions from Biology. A candidate needs to answer 90 questions in Biology and 45 questions each in Physics & Chemistry.
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with a choice of four answers, only one being the correct choice. Each question carries 4 marks for every correct answer. There is also negative marking, deducting 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- The total duration of NEET 2022 examination is 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual parts of the exam.
- The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. Candidates must choose question paper language while filling in the application form for NEET 2022. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the registration.
Exam Mode : Offline (Pen and Paper). Questions Type : Multiple Choice. Total Questions : 200 (Need to answer only 180). Total Marks : 720. Exam Duration : 3 hours. Negative Marking : Yes (-1 for each wrong answer).